Hainstock’s Funeral Home of south Edmonton is a firm that was founded in 1919, but was known as Wainwright & Jackson until Robert Hainstock acquired ownership in 1922.
Helping Robert in his business were his wife Bertha and two daughters, Candace and Audrey. Following Mr. Hainstock’s death in 1928, the business continued under the management of Mrs. Hainstock until her passing in 1951. At that point, her daughters assumed ownership until 1974.
Hainstock’s Funeral Home was purchased in 1978 by Ray and Mary Yaremkevich and Ken and Gail Papirny. Today, we are owned by an affiliate of Service Corporation International and are a proud member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers.
In the spring of 1994, Hainstock’s Funeral Home moved to a larger facility to better serve its client families.