History of Henderson's Funeral Homes & Crematorium
Henderson’s Funeral home started in 1890 in Chilliwack. In the early 1900’s the business moved to its current location and was owned by J.C Henderson, who was no relation to Henderson family that eventually owned Henderson’s Funeral Home. In 1919 R.J Henderson purchased the business and it remained in his family for three generations. He was also the founder of the first ambulance service in Chilliwack. In 1955 the Henderson family purchased the Langley Funeral Home and R.G “Bob” Henderson joined the company full time in that same year. In 1987 Valley Crematorium was built on the premises, and Henderson’s became one of the first full service funeral homes with an onsite crematorium.
In February 1988 Bob Henderson retired and sold the funeral homes to The Loewen Group Inc., which was then purchased by an affiliate of Service Corporation International.
The high standards of quality service that were established over 100 years ago still remain a priority for us today. We work diligently to see these are still adhered to daily. We continue to lead and innovate, while maintaining the highest principles of service. Everyone at Henderson’s Funeral Home & Crematorium is proud of our community heritage, and our long time involvement in Chilliwack and the surrounding areas