The Jerrett Funeral Home was founded in Toronto in 1937 by the Jack Jerrett. Mr. Jerrett’s entire family, including his parents John and Alice and his future wife Frances Fritz, became involved in the successful growth of the funeral home.
As the business grew, so did the funeral home’s ability to serve families from different areas of the city with the purchase of the North York Chapel on Yonge Street in 1954 and the Scarborough Chapel on Kennedy Road in 1965.
Through the years, it became apparent that a more modern facility at the North York Chapel would be needed to serve a growing and culturally diverse community. Development of the current North York Chapel began, and in September of 1993, a new standard of funeral facility was available to the families we serve.
Over the past eight decades, the Jerrett Funeral Home has maintained a commitment to a high standard of service. Throughout our history, we have continued to lead and innovate while maintaining those high standards of service. Today, everyone at Jerrett Funeral Home is proud to uphold this heritage and commitment to our community.