History of Piercy's-Mt. Washington Funeral Home
Like many funeral homes in British Columbia, Piercy’s Funeral Home started as a family operation. In the spring of 1941, owners Harvey Piercy and his son Archie conducted their first funeral at the newly constructed Piercy’s Funeral Home. As finances permitted, the next 20 years brought many changes to the original building.
The next big development was establishing Mission Hill Crematorium in 1986 which is still the only local crematorium. A major renovation followed in 1994, 53 years after opening, creating the modern facility that exists today. The foyer and chapel areas have been updated while the Flemish arches, attractive windows and French doors that have graced the building for the past 68 years remain in place.
Over the years, the names and faces at Piercy’s - Mt. Washington Funeral Home may have changed, however the same desire to provide exceptional service to the residents of the Comox Valley, which inspired Harvey and Archie to open the funeral home so many years ago, remains the same.