History of Ratz-Bechtel Funeral Home & Cremation Centre
When E.E. Ratz and Orton Bechtel formed their partnership in 1928, they began a tradition of service that has won the trust and respect of Kitchener residents for four generations. The business was started by Orton Bechtel in 1925. Three years later, his partnership with E.E. Ratz was formed. In 1949, Mr. Kaufman offered the use of the old A.R Kaufman home, a stately old mansion on King Street West.
From 1967 until 1970 the Hahn family owned and operated the firm. During this period a modern chapel was added. In 1970 the firm was purchased by Richard Cline. The firm of Ratz- Bechtel considers itself privileged to have had the opportunity to serve countless families of every denomination in the Kitchener-Waterloo Area.
Ratz & Bechtel began with a commitment to a high standard of service, and throughout our history we have continued to lead and innovate while maintaining those high standards of service. Everyone at Ratz & Bechtel is proud to uphold this heritage and commitment to our community.