South Calgary Funeral Centre & Crematorium, although recent in name, has a longstanding tradition in our city.
Formerly Jacques Funeral Home & Crematorium, we’re proud to have a history dating back to 1930. Jacques Funeral Home, then known as “The Little Chapel on the Corner,” located at 240 17th Ave. SW, was established by George and Vera Jacques. The Jacques family developed a reputation for serving with integrity, a tradition that continues today.
In 1998, Jacques Funeral Home relocated to 12700 Macleod Trail South. Today, we are owned by an affiliate of Service Corporation International, and we are proud to be a part of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers.
Looking to the future, the name South Calgary Funeral Centre & Crematorium brings the promise of service to a new generation of Calgarians, along with the tradition and history of serving previous generations. We’re proud members of the Better Business Bureau, Alberta Funeral Services Association and the Funeral Service Association of Canada.