In the fall of 1945, Garnett and Daisley Tubman along with their young son Slater and infant daughter Lynn arrived in Wolseley from Ottawa, Ontario. Garnett and Daisley established a new funeral home and ambulance service in an existing two storey brick house converting the second floor into living quarters. The building from 1946 to the present day has been modified and enlarged to include garages, a chapel, and office space. As the funeral business grew so did the ambulance service as well as Tubman Florist under the management of Daisley. Garnett was a visionary regarding the expansion of his business which began with establishing a branch office in Kipling in 1951 and purchasing an existing business in Broadview in 1959. The early years were difficult and demanding, travel anywhere meant venturing out on unpaved gravel or simply dirt roads. Saskatchewan winters brought a different hardship – roads blocked by snow and bitter cold. Communication was rustic to say the least, a single line telephone to be answered every day and all day by Garnett and Daisley influenced their family and social life.
In 1963 Slater Tubman shared his father’s vision for business expansion looking towards the west at Indian Head and Fort Qu’Appelle. The purchase of Hannah Funeral Home and Ambulance Service was completed in March, 1974. The sudden death of Garnett Tubman in 1981 brought on business ownership changes and the sale of the ambulance service. The ensuing years saw the installation of a crematorium on the Claude Street property in 1985 and significant upgrading and redecorating of all four funeral home facilities. In 1997 Slater wished to retire and subsequently sold business to ECL of Lufkin, Texas. In 1998 ECL merged into SCI of Houston, Texas.