History of T.W. Curry Parkview Chapel
Thomas W. Curry founded T.W. Curry Funeral Home at 390 George Street in Sydney, Nova Scotia, in September of 1923. Mr. Curry had served his apprenticeship with his father, William Curry, at Glace Bay. "T.W.," as he was familiarly known, sold his business upon retirement to his son Leo J. Curry. T.W. lived until the age of 94.
Leo, a St. F.X. University graduate like his father, considered medical school but decided instead to work at the family business, and purchased it from T.W. in 1966. That same year, Leo Curry acquired the former Senator MacDonald property at 755 George Street in Sydney, which remains the home of T.W. Curry Parkview Chapel to this day.
Leo’s innovative approach to business led to the purchase of the Rod MacDonald Funeral Home in 1982 and its incorporation as the Inverness Funeral Home. Leo purchased two other area funeral homes and established the Sydney Crematorium before his retirement in 1997.
Leo and his wife, Anne Curry, have seven children. Their eldest son, W.G. "Bill" Curry, represents the fourth generation of the Curry family to hold a funeral director’s license. He and his sister, Paula A. Curry, continue the tradition of serving families in their community and are committed to addressing changing needs with innovation and personal attention.
Today, we are a proud member of the Dignity Memorial® network of more than 1,600 funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. The Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.
Other professionals who exhibit the same level of dedication to high quality service and community care proudly join Bill and Paula at T.W. Curry Parkview Chapel today. Together, they continue the tradition of the service that was started by T.W. Curry in 1923.